Saturday, December 6, 2008

What No One Ever Told Me

On one of my pregnancy message boards, people were posting their thoughts on things no one ever told them about being pregnant. That inspired me to come up with my own list:

10. No one ever told me that I would obsess so much daily over exactly what size my baby is, which parts he/she is capable of moving, whether or not he/she has eyelashes yet, etc.

9. No one ever told me that I would spend $1000 on baby furniture.

8. No one ever told me that my face would break out so severely. I thought pregnant women were supposed to have beautiful, glowing skin. Yeah right.

7. No one ever told me that I would have no desire to have sex whatsoever.

6. No one ever told me that I would stress out daily about whether or not my retroverted uterus has flipped, causing me to worry that the baby is getting crushed by my innards.

5. No one ever told me about how a month between doctor's appointments becomes an eternity, wanting to make sure that everything is OK.

4. No one ever told me I would reconsider my career mainly because of worries about not having enough time at night to spend with my child.

3. No one ever told me how insensitive my husband would be to my sickness and pain and that he would be such a baby about doing most things around the house even though I am exhausted and throwing up.

2. No one ever told me how morning sickness lasts morning, noon, and night (especially at night).

1. No one ever told me how morning sickness does not go away for weeks on end.

1 comment:

ch-hay duex said...

None of those things happened or pertained to when I was prego. HA. I never thought about how big he was.... I never spend ANY money on furniture.... I never had zits....I wanted sex ALL the time... I did not have a retroverted uterus, but I would have worried if I did....I never thought about if the baby was okay or not between appointments....I did not have a career at the time...nor a husband to be insensitive....but DJ was pretty concerned most of the time....and I never once threw up from any time of day sickness... I guess I was really lucky during my pregnancy...I am going to prey that the next is just as good! ;)